Monday, December 28, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- Jeri, Bob, Kevin, and Werner for "hanging in there as ComputeSpace has turned into the world's longest pregnancy"...
- Roberto for putting me up at his place and all the free meals...
- Shirl for putting me up at her place and all the free meals...
- Bob and Brigitte for putting me up at their place and all the free meals...
- Wallace and Nan for "hanging in there" with me...
- My kids for being nice to me even though its no longer mandatory...
- Aaron and Robin for taking my OpenNMS pitch seriously
- Barbara for tireless support during the "world's longest pregnancy"...
- Dave, Jobie, John, Jon, Carol, Carole, and Michele for staying good friends even though we're many miles apart...
- Dawn, Danny, and Robyn for a fun time with family this year...
- Ostaajje (the Dude) for being a good companion...
- Ross and Faisal for looking out for me...
- Jamie for looking out for me...
- Special thanks to Fred for keeping me inspired with the good karma stuff...
- Special thanks to Tal for keeping me on track...
- Special thanks to Angie because...(it's complicated)
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Lots of our friends have told us that ComputeSpace is a great idea and that there's a place in heaven waiting for us because we took the time to build it instead of something to make us all rich. Well, show us some love and put ComputeSpace on your chest, on your mug, or your hat. Let folks know you support the cool kids on the block!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Yesterday, the Dude finally got his cone off after two weeks. He's been wearing the cone to keep him from fussing with a would he got in the front yard (probably scrapping with a cat). He hasn't been able to play outside for a while to give himself a chance to heal properly.
Today I walked down to the general store for a few items and my morning chat with the owner. I noticed the people on the farm next door have a new pit bull. At least I've never seen it before. It ran up to the fence and made a big fuss as I walked by. Eventually, a guy came out of the house and called it back.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
- If I really want Johnny and Janey to get to learn astronomy in this very cool way we've devised, someones going to have to dig deep and give us some love. (BTW, since this is being marketed to rural regions I guess that should be little Clem and Bobby Sue).
- It's America, dudes. Time is money and money is time and we all want Johnny, Janey, Clem, or Bobby Sue to get their hands on this thing before I start getting Social Security.
- However lefty, geeky, academic, or hippy I am, I'm also the son of a (Republican) business man. I like money. It looks good, feels good, smells good, tastes good. I want the bank to gimme some more of it. I want to take a bath in it and rub it all over my body. Then I want to deploy ComputeSpace around the planet, pop open a cold one and take my dog fishing out on the lake.
Friday, October 09, 2009
Thursday, October 08, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
I've been really isolated the past few months following my "codequest" and I was pleasantly surprised and humbled by all the kind wishes for my birthday this year. Always nice to have someone remember you, so a big wet sloppy "Thank You" to you all!
- Angie & the Dude
- Jasmyne, Jorjanna, and Joeigh
- Werner, Kevin, and Talia
- Kelby, Kim, and Kelby, Jr.
Took the time for a lunchwalk down Lake Earl Drive today since I'm heading back to San Francisco tomorrow morning. It was a beautiful Fall day up here and it was very nice getting my head out of the (code) clouds for a while.
Friday, September 25, 2009
I thought we'd drop in to the Porthole Cafe and get a bite. Actually, the Porthole was pretty crowded when we got there. Turistas! And there was no place available to eat outside.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
And our business counsel, Barbara, has been a tireless supporter, adviser, and cheerleader here in Del Norte County.
Doing this project really is like jumping off a cliff and trying to assemble the airplane on the way down. I can see why my dad found it exhilarating. Whether things work out well or poorly, there's no such thing as a boring day.
A couple of weeks of web testing ahead. Then, next stop, Ashland, OR.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Afterwards, Bob and I went to dinner at The Boiler House in Richmond...