Submitted by Jennifer Henion
Show off your dog at the first-ever Coastal Canine Olympics, brought to you by the Humane Society of Del Norte on Saturday, Sept. 27, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds.
Win fabulous items for your dog and for you with a raffle!
Olympic medals will go to all first-place winners; ribbons for second and third; and gourmet biscuits to all participants. (All events subject to change according to show committee's whims!)
Lunch includes grilled hot dogs, Polish dogs, chips and soda for under 5 bucks, plus treats and water for the poochy!
Entries will be accepted from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Cost is $10 per dog and one human (only one dog per human); $5 per spectator; and $2 for kids under 12. All proceeds go to the HSDN spay/neuter fund.
Nice dogs only are allowed! All dogs will be screened for health and friendliness at the door. Humans must wear family friendly attire.
Sponsors include Parkway Feed, Crescent Hay & Feed, PetSmart and Woof's Bakery
At the judges table will be Rene Shanle-Hutsel, Mitzi Travis, Tami Wakefield and Carolyn Westbrook.
• Puppy dash: 11 yards, no leash, ages 3 to 6 months
• Agility course: Amateurs welcome
• Best Trick: Show off your dog's skills
• Meatball relay: You, your dog on a leash, a plastic spoon filled with meat handed off relay-style
• Costume contest: Does your dog wear outfits?
• Best Photo of your dog: Bring only one!
• Bobbing for dogs: Big water pail, 10 Vienna sausages
• Most Unusual Mutt: Is your dog funny-looking?
• Best Howler: Howling on command
• Best Tail Wag: Judges use sweet talk to get tail going
• Parade of Champions: Event winners line up first, followed by all other participants
Good Luck, Dude!!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Where are Angie and Ostaajje Today?